Come one, come all to JMRL’s Inaugural How-To Festival on May 6 from 10am-2pm at the Central Library. Learn a variety of subjects in 15 or 30 minute periods.
Topics will include:
- Active Bystander training with SARA
- Small appliance repair with Cville Time Bank
- Zombie apocolypse (emergency) preparedness with the Emergency Communications Center
- Taking great photos
- How to publish a book
- Chinese tea ceremony
- Pouring a perfect cup of coffee with Milli Coffee Roasters
- Urban chicken farming with CLUCK
- Home organization with Abundance Organizing
- 3D Printing
- Identity theft prevention with Blue Ridge Bank
- Arduino circuits with LeMasney Consulting
- Downloading from the library
- Planning green funerals with Hill & Wood Funeral Service
- Repairing a bike with Community Bikes
- Setting up a tent
- Composting featuring Black Bear Composting
- Roller derby featuring the Charlottesville Derby Dames
- Supporting LGBTQ Youth with Side by Side
We’ll also feature a DIY selfie/bookface station, summer reading info, a mini Friends of the Library book sale and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!
Hope to see you there!
Can you post a printable version of the how-to schedule?