What is digital inclusion?
Digital inclusion refers to the activities necessary to ensure that all individuals and communities, including the most disadvantaged, have access to and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs).
Five elements of digital inclusion:
- Affordable, robust broadband internet service
- Internet-enabled devices that meet users’ needs
- Access to digital literacy training
- Quality technical support
- Apps and online content designed to enable and encourage self-sufficiency, participation and collaboration
What resources are available at JMRL?
- Computers and WiFi for public use in every branch
- WiFi hotspots to checkout
- Equipment to scan or digitize personal materials
- Downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines
- Database resources
- Chromebooks for use in the Central Library
- Free computer tutorials at every branch
Want to build your skills?
Contact your local branch to find out about workshops or to set up a one-on-one tutorial. Visit JMRL’s website to browse a calendar of events. Special events happening this week are:
Apple Basics – Northside Library, 5/7, 2pm
Tech Open House – Central Library, 5/7, 3-5pm
Creating a Digital Brand – Central Library, 5/7, 6:30pm
Tech Open House – Central Library, 5/8, 2-4pm
3D Printing 101 – Northside Library, 5/8, 6:30pm
Tech Open House – Central Library, 5/9, 5-7pm
Tech Open House – Central Library, 5/10, 3-5pm
Tech Open House* – Central Library, 5/11, 11am-1pm
To build your skills on your own, try one of these websites: *digitallearn.org or gcflearnfree.org